July 1, 2018

June 2018

If you have ever wondered why the little road that runs alongside the Lode at the east side of the rec is called “Pound Lane” then here is the answer. This was actually the site of the village animal
June 3, 2018

May 2018

This is “The Limes” which at the end of Newington looking down the road towards Rampton. The photo date is unknown but probably about 100 years ago. Today it is tucked away behind a high hedge but
April 1, 2018

March 2018

Here we see the business end of a steam traction engine, in full operation judging by the steam at the top of the picture. Such engines travelled from farm to farm and revolutionised the process of threshing
April 1, 2018

Feb 2018

Health and Safety what’s that? Here we see Milford Jeeps, who lived his entire life in the village and died only recently, driving a load of empty fruit trays, probably to Berrycroft Stores. The huge
February 2, 2018

Jan 2018

There were once many pubs in Willingham and the Milkmaid Tavern was one of the last to close, in 1999. This picture is taken from the end of Silver St and, based on the cars, was probably taken in 1990s.
January 1, 2018

Dec 2017

The OldWillingham.com photo website opened in 2004 and, while new photos have been added thanks to contributions from current and past village residents, the main site never had a face lift in those 13
January 1, 2018

Nov 2017

The wedding of Ruth Cane to James Sills in about 1932 – remembered in Willingham for years as the nearest thing to a “society wedding”. Ruth’s father, Dr Cane, was the village doctor and they lived
November 15, 2017

October 2017

This family, carefully posed among potted plants, are on the steps of Regent’s Court on Green Street. This very large house is still there but has been converted to flats and this front door is now a
November 15, 2017

September 2017

Another aerial photo this month, taken in about 1950. This time we see the crossroads at the top of the High St. where the traffic lights are today. Over Road goes up the left side and you can see Rook
November 15, 2017

August 2017

Here we see the two “Miss Olivers” with the Oliver’s Bakery van. The text says “S. Oliver. Baker Flour & Corn Dealer”. Around 1910, Sayers Oliver with his wife Emily built a new bakery on