The Old Church Hall on Church St. was built around 1890 in the grounds of the Rectory (now Willingham House). In the 1990’s it was sold and converted into private house. It never really worked as a church hall as it is a fair walk from the church, but it was used widely for all sorts of village events including WAMADS productions. During World War 1 it was used a hospital for recovering soldiers. This month we see a picture from a very elaborate Christmas nativity play with Angel Gabriel meeting Mary. On the wall behind, appears a plaque commemorating its service as a hospital. That plaque can now be seen on the wall in the Octagon – the church hall that was built to replace it.