This is the Willingham Tabernacle Baptist Church – date unknown. It resided on the same site as the current modern building that replaced it in 1980s. The original “strict” Baptist church was opposite, opened in 1776 – then replaced by a large brick building. However, part the congregation wanted to establish a church with a less strict approach and built this “tabernacle” on the other side of the road in 1873. As congregations declined, the original church closed and was demolished. This building was also demolished but replaced with the church that is very much still alive today. Only the wall on the street remains. It seems sad, but the cost of upkeep for such a large building really would be impractical and the church building behind was much less fancy that the imposing facade!