Here is Harry Beaumont who wound the Parish clock in the Church Tower taken sometime after 1959 when he took over the job. The clock was installed in 1887 to celebrate the golden jubilee of Queen Victoria and likely replaced an earlier clock. It is driven by a heavy weight on a rope which had to be wound back up twice a week. Over the years various dedicated people took the task of winding until 1990 when an electric motor was installed. Rather than winding all the way, this runs every few minutes and just pulls the weight up a few inches at a time. Time keeping is adjusted with small weights on the pendulum – pennies in the old days! The clock has been running for 135 years and here’s to many more!