We know little about the thatched house being demolished in this picture. It stood towards the south end of the High St. just down from the bus stop and red phone box. It was demolished in 1950’s to make way for the large house which is now set back from the road with a sweeping drive. This appears to have been two cottages. They probably lacked basic amenities and were very run down by this stage. We often bemoan the loss of the old thatched cottages but in reality the standard of living was often very poor.