Here is the down train (towards Cambridge) at Longstanton station around 1910. In the foreground a porter is loading large trunks and, further down, several quite well-to-do people are boarding. The station shelter on this side was always pretty basic but was there right up to demolition for the busway. The arrival of the railway in the mid 1800s boosted growth in the village and resulted in it growing to the size it is today. The coaches are old 6-wheel compartment type from the Victorian era. These must have been towards the end of their life.