Here is the corner of Church Lane around 1910. This is one of the few places in the village which is almost completely unchanged today, 100 years later. A few chimneys have gone and pavements have been added but otherwise the buildings are the same. More remarkably, the corner shop is still a bakers, as it was then. In fact, there has been a bakers on the site for a very long time. The previous thatched bakery on the site burned down – a common fate for buildings when thatch was the only available material.