It would be hard to identify this picture today except for the building on the very left side. It is, of course, the old Methodist Chapel next to the Village Green which was closed in 2000 and was converted into a house. This picture was probably taken in the 1920’s as these buildings were demolished in the 1930s. A large Gas Showroom was built on the corner of Rockmill End to supply cookers and application for use with the new gas supply. That showroom is now the village library!